Afternoon Arts Classes

afternoon arts

Instructed by LuAnn Graber

Introduction to Perspective

It is perspective that helps make things look three dimensional – and creates a sense of space receding into the distance. There are two types of perspective: linear perspective and atmospheric perspective (also called aerial perspective.) In this class students will learn about and experiment with both types of perspective at they work to interpret a chosen landscape. March 6 & 13 | 4 – 5:30 PM | $47 | LuAnn Graber

AA March 2024
AA March II

Animals in Art: Animals have been the subject of art for as long has people have been making art. In this 3 week class, we will first explore various animal artworks across the span time, Next, we will zero in on modern day artist Megan Coyle’s animal artworks — “paper paintings” that are bright and colorful works portraying animals in their natural habitats. Students will then follow the artist’s lead and turn discarded magazines into their own animal artworks. April 3, 10, 17 | 4 – 5:30 PM | $65 | LuAnn Graber

April Afternoon Arts Example

Be a Hunter Gatherer: Our May afternoon arts sessions are designed to give young artists the opportunity to begin the journey to a personal artistic style. Students will learn why it is good to gather from artists whose work they enjoy and how to do it in a way that honors the original artists. In the process of learning the why and how of gathering from other artists, students will create a 2 dimensional work of art that is a composite of ideas gained from analyzing various works of art,  including technique, color, material, use of light and shadow, as well as subject matter and/or emotions evoked. May 1, 8, 15 | 4 – 5:30 PM | $65 | LuAnn Graber

Image from Paint Landscapes in Acrylic with Lee Hammond, copyright © 2009 by Lee Hammond, used by permission of North Light Books, and imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.